Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day.

While looking through the archives, I found this picture of my mother taken when she was 17.  I didn't notice this picture before out of all the ones I have scanned in.  I love the expression on her face, the photographer really captured her spirit.  I find it hard to believe that this skinny girl would be 82, just as I ponder my own age.

What is she thinking about?
Life?
Family?

What did I think about at 17, not the great issues of the day, mainly sports and girls, a thought of college and the looming quagmire in Viet Nam.

Patty O'Mara, my mother went a long way from a housewife in a small town in Western Pennsylvania.  I could not help but cry looking at the picture once more.

I found this one while cropping the one above.


2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Very beautiful.

onwardb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.